Opioid Prescribing: Safe Practice, Changing Lives
SAVE the DATE - Wednesday, December 5, 2018
This curriculum conveys messaging required by the FDA Blueprint for Prescriber Education for Extended-Release and Long-Acting Opioid Analgesics. Topics include:
- Assessing patients for treatment
- Initiating therapy, modifying dosing, and discontinuing
- Use of ER/LA Opioid Analgesics
- Counseling patients and caregivers about safe use
- Is my patient opioid addicted? - Diagnosis and Management
This program meets Tennessee (and most surrounding states) prescribing requirements for physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Location: Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway, Harrogate, TN 37752 and via webinar
CME: 2.0 hours of AOA Category 1-A and AMA PRA Category 1 credit anticipated
This interactive CME program is being offered either LIVE IN PERSON at the LMU-DCOM campus, Room 105 (click on "VENUE" tab for directions) or you may participate by LOGGING IN DIRECTLY FROM YOUR COMPUTER. After registering and completing the pre-test, you will be contacted in advance with directions on how to log in on the day of the program.
Light dinner will be provided for on-site attendees.
RPC Commercial Support Disclosure Statement
This educational activity is supported by an independent educational grant from the ER/LA Opioid Analgesic REMS Program Companies. Please see http://ce.er-la-opioidrems.com/IwgCEUI/rems/pdf/List_of_RPC_Companies.pdf for a listing of the member companies. This activity is intended to be fully compliant with the ER/LA Opioid Analgesic REMS education requirements issued by the US Food & Drug Administration.
This program is presented by the American Osteopathic Association, a member of the Collaborative on REMS Education (CO*RE), 13 interdisciplinary organizations working together to improve pain management and prevent adverse outcomes
The CO*RE REMS curriculum conveys messaging required by the FDA Blueprint for Prescriber Education for Extended-Release and Long-Acting Opioid Analgesics and is intended to be fully compliant with the ER/LA Opioid Analgesics REMS education requirements issued by the US Food & Drug Administration.
Health care providers involved in the management of pain.
AGENDA for Wednesday December 6, 2017 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Why are we here?
- Management: Monitoring and Discontinuing
- Special Populations
- Know your Federal and State Laws
- Counseling Patients and Caregivers
- Drug Class Information
- Wrap up/Q & A
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is no longer supported)
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/print