Pain Management and Opioids: Balancing Risks and Benefits
SAVE the DATE - Wednesday, December 5, 2018
This program includes content that is consistent with the Tennessee Chronic Pain Guidelines (and most surrounding states) for physicians and other health care providers.
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Location: Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway, Harrogate, TN 37752 and via webinar
CME: 2.0 hours of AOA Category 1-A and AMA PRA Category 1 credit anticipated
This interactive CME program is being offered either LIVE IN PERSON at the LMU-DCOM campus, Room 105 (click on "VENUE" tab for directions) or you may participate by LOGGING IN DIRECTLY FROM YOUR COMPUTER. After registering and completing the pre-test, you will be contacted in advance with directions on how to log in on the day of the program.
Light dinner will be provided for on-site attendees.
Presented by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) in partnership with the Collaborative for REMS Education (CO*RE), supported by an independent educational grant from the ER/LA Opioid Analgesics REMS Program Companies (RPC).
Health care providers involved in the management of pain.
Clinicians in attendance will have an opportunity to acquire the following information:
- Describe appropriate patient assessment for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics, evaluating risks and potential benefits of ER/LA therapy as well as possible misuse.
- Apply proper methods to initiate therapy, modify dose, and discontinue use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, applying best practices including accurate dosing and conversion techniques as well as appropriate discontinuation strategies.
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge about how to manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid analgesics and properly use evidence-based tools while assesing for adverse effects.
- Employ methods to counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, including proper storage and disposal.
- Review/assess general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics and identifying potential adverse effects of ER/LA opioids.
Agenda for Wednesday December 5, 2018 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. coming soon
LMU campus map: click on https://www.lmunet.edu/public/uploads/LMU2017CampusMap.pdf and then "About LMU"
Participants attending via webinar will receive log in information prior to the December 5 2018 program.
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is no longer supported)
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/print