EPAs and Competency-Based Clinical Teaching
NOTE: When you are ready to begin the educational activity, please click on the "Register" tab, log in/register and "Add to Cart."
To promote familiarity of Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) and the Single Accreditation System (SAS) in third and fourth year student rotations.
This educational activity is presented in an online, pdf newsletter format with pre and post assessment. The program can be completed at your convenience.
You will be able to download a CME Course certificate after successfully completing the post-test with a passing score (70%).
Expiration Date: December 31, 2020
LMU clinical faculty, alumni, and preceptors - $15 (applied at cart level)
Residents - $10 (applied at cart level)
LMU-DCOM clinical faculty, alumni, preceptors. and other health care professionals interested in clinical teaching with an emphasis on third and fourth year student rotations.
At the end of the educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the thirteen Core Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) within the AAMC (and AACOM) framework.
- Understand the role of the Core EPAs and competency-based clinical teaching in clinical rotations.
- Examine ideas for preparing medical students in 3rd and 4th year rotations for Core EPA activities in residency.
- Recognize changing trends in undergraduate and graduate medical education.
- Understand the role of the Single Accreditation System in graduate medical education.
- Identify medical library resources important in the transition to a Single Accreditation System.
Jeffrey J. LeBoeuf, CAE, MHA, MBA
Chief of GME & Rotations
Patricia Stubenberg, MPH, PhD, CHCP
Director of CME and Preceptor Development
Marcelle Savoy, PhD
Gina Zulandt, DO
Associate Professor of Family Medicine
No relevant financial relationships to disclose
The Lincoln Memorial University – DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. The Lincoln Memorial University – DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-B credit and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
The University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM) is accredited by the Maine Medical Association’s Council on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation (MMA CCMEA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. UNECOM designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM and 1.0 University of New England contact hours for non-physicians. Contact hours may be submitted by non-physician, non-PA health professionals for continuing education credits.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AOA Category 1-A Credit and AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 1.0 hours of Category 1 credit for completing this program.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program accepts certificates of participation for educational activities sponsored by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) for continuing medical education (CME). Nurse practitioners may receive one-to-one credit for a maximum of 1.0 (CE) continuing education for completing this program.
Physicians and other attendees should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
- 1.00 AOA CME Credit
- 1.00 Attendance
Discounts applied at cart level
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is no longer supported)
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing