Non CME Clinical Teaching Orientation Course
Estimated time to complete all seven modules is 50 minutes.
A Certificate of Completion is provided after the completion of required activities (review of modules, attestation, program evaluation).
To provide a LMU-DCOM Framework of Best Practices in clinical teaching for clinical adjunct faculty (preceptors).
This educational activity is presented in seven modules in an online, slide presentation format with a brief one-time, introductory video. The program can be completed at your convenience.
Review Date: June 2, 2015
Original Release Date: July 1, 2015
Termination Date: July 1, 2018
- Introduction to Clinical Teaching and Adult Learning
- Osteopathic Manual Medicine Introduction and Techniques
- Preparing the Learning Environment and Learning Contracts
- Listening and Giving Feedback
- Time Management and Office Interaction
- Dealing with the Difficult Learner
- Assessment and Evaluation
Click here for the (Optional) Six-minute video introduction to modules
LMU-DCOM Clinical Adjunct Faculty (preceptors) at rotation sites.
Upon completion of the seven-module educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize key characteristics of effective preceptors
- Recognize the importance of clinical teaching to the profession.
- Understand institutional and learning expectations of clinical teaching.
- Understand introductory osteopathic manual medicine and pharmacologic management parallels.
- Promote student learning through effective feedback, assessment and evaluation.
- Understand the application of constructive clinical teaching strategies in a busy practice.
Ava Stanczak, DO, FACOP, CS
Assistant Dean of Clinical Medicine and Professor of Pediatrics
Douglas Weston, DO
Assitant professor and Chair of OMM
Click here for LMUDCOM's policy on privacy and confidentiality.
There are no financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 Attendance
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is no longer supported)
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing