Non CME Clinical Teaching Orientation: an Introduction to Effective Teaching on Rotations
Estimated time to complete all seven modules is 50 minutes.
A Certificate of Completion is provided after the completion of the required activities (review of modules, program evaluation and attestation).
To provide a LMU-DCOM Framework of Best Practices in clinical teaching for clinical adjunct faculty (preceptors).
This educational activity is presented in seven modules in an online, slide presentation format with a brief one-time, introductory video. The program can be completed at your convenience.
You will be able to download a Clinical Teaching Orientation Course attendance certificate after completing the modules, attestation and program evaluaiton. There are no Continuing Education credits for this course.
Release Date: August 13, 2018
Expiration Date: December 31, 2019
1. Introduction to Effective Teaching on Rotations
2. Osteopathic Manual Medicine Introduction and Techniques
3. Preparing the Learning Environment
4. Listening and Giving Feedback
5. Time Management and Office Interaction
6. Dealing with the Difficult Learner
7. Assessment and Evaluation
Click here for (Optional) Six-minute video introduction to modules
LMU-DCOM Clinical Adjunct Faculty (preceptors) at rotation sites and other health care professionals interested in clinical teaching.
Upon completion of the seven-module educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize key characteristics of effective preceptors
- Recognize the importance of clinical teaching to the profession.
- Understand institutional and learning expectations of clinical teaching.
- Understand introductory osteopathic manual medicine and pharmacologic management parallels.
- Promote student learning through effective feedback, assessment and evaluation.
- Understand the application of constructive clinical teaching strategies in a busy practice.
Ava Stanczak, DO, FACOP, CS
Assistant Professor and Chair of Pediatrics
Douglas Weston, DO
Assitant Professor and Chair of OMM
Patricia Stubenberg, MPH, PhD, CHCP
Director of CME and Preceptor Development
- 1.00 Attendance
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is no longer supported)
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing