High Yield Principles and Strategies for Clinical Teaching and OMM/OMT
NOTE: When you are ready to begin the modules, please log in/register below and click on "Take Course." The powerpoint presentation at the bottom of the page can be saved to your computer and/or printed.
Estimated time to complete the module is 30 minutes.
To provide a "Nuts and Bolts" framework of best practices in clinical teaching and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) strategies for clinical faculty (preceptors) and other clinical teachers in the health professions.
This educational activity is presented in an online, narrated, slide presentation format. The program can be completed at your convenience.
You will be able to download a CME Course certificate after successfully completing the post-test with a passing score (70%).
Original Release Date: May 6, 2016
Termination Date: May 6, 2019
LMU clinical faculty - $10 (applied at the cart level)
LMU-DCOM alumni - $10 (applied at cart level)
Residents - $10 (applied at the cart level)
LMU clinical faculty (preceptors) and other clinical teachers in the health professions
Upon completion of the educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Review best practices and efficient techniques in mentoring third and fourth year medical students and other health professions students.
- Summarize basic osteopathic manipulative medicine philosophy, history, techniques and practices for clinical teaching.
- Self-reflect on their own personal teaching style.
Ava Stanczak, DO, FACOP
Assistant Dean of Clinical Medicine and Professor of Pediatrics
Click here for LMUDCOM's policy on privacy and confidentiality.
There are no financial relationships to disclose.
Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Council on Continuing Medical Education (CCME) to present programs that qualify for AOA-CME Category 1 credit. Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) and the AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education (CCME) approve this educational activity for a maximum of .5 hour of AOA Category 1-B CME credit.
Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
CME for this activity will automatically be submitted to the appropriate accrediting body.
A Certificate of Completion is provided after the completion of required activities for non-physicians and other health care professionals who want to self-claim Continuing Education (CE) credit.
- 0.50 AOA CME Credit
- 0.50 Attendance
To complete this activity, users will need:
• A device with an Internet connection
• One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is no longer supported)
• Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
• Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing