Non CME Clinical Teaching Orientation Course
Estimated time to complete all seven modules is 50 minutes.
A Certificate of Completion is provided after the completion of required activities (review of modules, attestation, program evaluation).
To provide a LMU-DCOM Framework of Best Practices in clinical teaching for clinical adjunct faculty (preceptors).
This educational activity is presented in seven modules in an online, slide presentation format with a brief one-time, introductory video. The program can be completed at your convenience.
Review Date: June 2, 2015
Original Release Date: July 1, 2015
Termination Date: July 1, 2018
LMU-DCOM Clinical Adjunct Faculty (preceptors) at rotation sites.
- Introduction to Clinical Teaching and Adult Learning
- Osteopathic Manual Medicine Introduction and Techniques
- Preparing the Learning Environment and Learning Contracts
- Listening and Giving Feedback
- Time Management and Office Interaction
- Dealing with the Difficult Learner
- Assessment and Evaluation
Upon completion of the seven-module educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize key characteristics of effective preceptors
- Recognize the importance of clinical teaching to the profession.
- Understand institutional and learning expectations of clinical teaching.
- Understand introductory osteopathic manual medicine and pharmacologic management parallels.
- Promote student learning through effective feedback, assessment and evaluation.
- Understand the application of constructive clinical teaching strategies in a busy practice.
Click here for the (Optional) Six-minute video introduction to modules
- 1.00 Attendance